The Q&A Archives: Size Of Sugar Snap Plants

Question: I recently purchased Sugar Snap Peas to plant in my garden. I noticed that the package reads that the vines will
grow 6 feet tall. Is this correct? What type of support could be used for this plant? Golly - it's taller than me! Perhaps we have purchased the wrong type of pea seeds.

Answer: You will need to make a trellis for them. You can use netting sold expressly for this purpose or you can use any type of wire mesh stretched between two upright supports such as metal "T" stakes or " A" frames made of poles. You can also weave your own netting between upright supports using string or twine. Keep in mind that that height is based on optimum growth. If the weather turns hot they may not reach that full height this spring.