The Q&A Archives: Argyranthemum

Question: I bought a tray of plants because I liked the small pink flowers, however I can't find it in my gardening books or on the web. The name on the pot says ( argerathemum ) 'summer melody'. It doesnt specify if it needs sun or shade, only to keep moist. Or how tall it will grow. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Answer: Your new acquisitions are probably Argyranthemum frutescens, also known as Marguerite or Paris Daisy. These are short-lived perennials and are treated as annuals in cold-winter climates. Your plants will produce masses of pink flowers and grow to almost 4' across by the end of summer. Plant in full sun, in light, moist soil and provide regular water throughout the growing season.