The Q&A Archives: Searching for Vegetable Dye to Color Pond Water

Question: Is there a recipe for the vegetable dye that is used in many ponds to color the water black or blue? Geri Worley Birmingham, AL

Answer: I'm afraid I haven't heard of the dye you refer to, and could not find reference to it in my library, or in the catalogs I checked. The only information I found was that rubber pond liners are generally black, or that cement-based ponds can be painted before water is added. If you can give me more specific information, perhaps I can help you further. You can call the following water gardening company to see if they know of such as product. Waterford Gardens 74 East Allendale Rd. Saddle River,NJ 07458 201-327-0721

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Sempervivum Henry Carrevon"