The Q&A Archives: New Gardener

Question: Hi I`ve never started any kind of seeds for planting before, just thought I would start with my kids for fun. I wanted to ask if there was any kind of terminolgy book that could tell me how to start and what to do. I have no knowledge whatso ever on gadening or planting any thing.

Answer: Gardening is lots of fun and it is always a learning experience from year to year, so don't be too intimidated. You might find any of the books in the "Dummies" series helpful, but particularly "Gardening for Dummies" to get you started and then maybe the specialty books on annuals and vegetables. The following web site offers a searchable database about gardening and growing things, and the National Gardening Association web site includes many helpful articles as well as the searchable Q&A section. These should get you started. Enjoy!