The Q&A Archives: Marguerite Daisy

Question: What is the best way to care for the Marguerite daisy. I have them in full sun light, but the leaves and the flowers turn brown after a couple of days. What should i do am i watering too much? They came in a large pot, however I don't want to transfer them at this time, is this okay?

Answer: Marguerites require all day sunshine, and water only when
the soil begins to dry out. Fertilize every other week with a water soluble fertilizer for flowering plants and cut off the spent flowers to keep the plant looking tidy. I suspect your plant may be either overwatered or underwatered; if the plant is rather large for its pot, be sure that your watering actually saturates the roots and is not running out between the soil and the side of the pot. You may also need to water daily if the plant is in a windy spot.

Pinch or prune back the dried out plant parts to encourage new
flowering stems and leaves, and provide as much sunshine
as possible. Following the above suggestions should help
your plants perk up.

Today's site banner is by Lestv and is called "Butterfly on Spider Lily"