The Q&A Archives: Pepper Leaves Turning Yellow

Question: My pepper plant's leaves are turning yellow and falling off I dont know if this is a pest or possibly over fertilizing.

Answer: There are several reasons why this could happen. One would be transplant shock due to insufficient hardening off, or cold nights or cold soil, another would be over or underwatering, and still another could be an insect problem. If you suspect an insect problem, check the undersides of the leaves carefully for signs of aphids or other insects. It could also be a case of fertilizer burn, if you suspect this is what happened the plant may simply recover. Always be carefult o follow label instructions when fertilizing because too much is not really any better than too little and can even kill the plant.