The Q&A Archives: Under Ground Drainage System

Question: Our lots slope to one side and all the water runs to that area. We want to be able to redirect the water so that it does not settle there. We also want the water to drain away for the house. How would we install an undergound drainage system to pull the water away?

Answer: Controlling drainage and surface runoff and directing water is a highly specialized expertise and requires professional training and on-site inspection prior to suggesting how to deal with such a problem. For help in designing a system you might contact a degreed landscape architect or other licensed and certified professional with training in grading and drainage work. Your county extension (397-6000) might also have some background information about such systems that you would find useful. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Southern Comfort"