The Q&A Archives: Zucchini Turning Yellow

Question: I planted 2 zucchini plants. They are quite large now, but the leaves are turning brown and are brittle and the few fruits that have blossomed are turning yellow at the end. I have them planted with tomatoes and pumkins. All the other plants are doing well? I though I was underwatering, but more water is not helping. I would appreciate any suggestions so I can salvage my plants.

Thank you.

Answer: If the fruits are rotting at the blossom end, I'd suspect a fungal disease. Remove the affected leaves and fruit and see if your plants produce healthy new leaves and fruit. If not, it would be best for your other plants to remove the sick zucchini plants. Sometimes plants that are overcrowded don't get enough sunlight, nutrients and water to keep them healthy. Hope your zucchini plants recover!