The Q&A Archives: Appearance Of Flower Seedlings

Question: I am looking for a visual identification of flower seedlings/youngs plants without flowers.

Answer: Unfortunately I am not aware of any reference that provides that. If you are having trouble identifying seedlings there are several things you can do. One is to always plant a few in a small container so that you can see them up close when they germinate and have that for a "key". Another is to plant your seeds in a highly regular pattern so that the pattern becomes clear as they emerge. Another is to become familiar with the common weeds in your area so that you can "rule out" the weeds when looking at seedlings. Finally, most seedlings do have some commonalities with the mature plants, usually in leaf color and texture as well as shape. By looking at adult plants you may be able to match them up.