The Q&A Archives: Raspberry Types

Question: I live in New Jersey and I am looking to add to an existing raspberry patch. Are Burpee Heritage rasperries everbearing variety?? I also noticed you advertise shipping in the fall. Do you recommend planting then or should they be stored until spring for planting. If so, what would the best way to store the root until Spring?

Answer: Plants that are shipped in the fall should be planted immediately upon receipt according to the instructions that come with them. Planting early allows them more time to root and become established before winter hits. Storage over the winter is not recommended and will probably kill the plants.

Heritage is considered to be an everbearing crop which means it fruits in July and then again in the fall.