The Q&A Archives: Source for Giant Tree'

Question: I am looking for some old time tomato seeds. I used to order from a company called Tomato Growers Supply House out of Florida. I have lost the address. I grew a variety called Giant Tree' among some others and they seemed to have that old time flavorthe new hybrids don't seem to have anymore. Can you please let me know of anyone that sells the older variety seeds. Thank you. Bill Kerry Covington, GA

Answer: Burpee has a catalog devoted to heirloom varieties; call 1-800-888-1447 to request a copy. The catalog lists 15 different heirloom tomato varieties. I could only find a wholesale supplier for the "Giant Tree" variety you mention--perhaps they will know where you can purchase the seeds retail: Germania Seed Co. 5952 N. Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60646, Tel. 312/631-6631. The address for Tomato Growers Supply is PO Box 2237, Fort Meyers, FL 33902; tel. 941/768-1119.