The Q&A Archives: Wilting Leaves On Cucumbers, Tomatoes And Beans

Question: I am having a problem with the lower leaves on my tomatoes, cucumbers and beans. They are wilting and turning yellow. Otherwise, the plants are fine and producing an abundance of flowers and vegetables. We water regularly and feed with Miracle Grow every two weeks. What can I do?

Answer: In some cases a wilting and yellowing of lower leaves can indicate overwatering; in other cases it can be the start of a disease or foliar problems such as fusarium in tomatoes. Unfortunately, based on the information in your question it is impossible to make a definite diagnosis of the problem. You might wish to consult with your county extension (421-6430) for a more specific diagnosis of the problem(s) and suggestions of what to do.