The Q&A Archives: Discoleration Of All Plants In My Yard

Question: It would seem That some type of bug is killing the plants in my yard( srubs) from dark green leves thay are turning brown ish green with brown lumps under neeth
i was wondering if you would have any idea what i can do to stop this with out using a pestacid new leves are nice and green for about 3weeks and then begin to fade ? need help

Answer: Unfortunately, based on your description I am unable to make a definite diagnosis of the problem, although it could possibly be some sort of scale insect or a gall problem developing. Since it is critical to know what you are facing in order to decide the best way to fight it, you might want to take a sample or two to your county extension and see if they can identify it for you. Their phone number is 837-1402. They should also be able to suggest what to do to stop the problem. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.