The Q&A Archives: Star Jasmine in Colorado

Question: I bought a star jasmine plant. I am from CA and grew up with this plant and miss it very much here in CO. I've had it out on my back porch in a container about 18" diameter and it seems to be okay but fall/winter weather is approaching and I do not know how to keep this plant in this kind of weather. Can I plant it into the ground here and know that it will be alive in the spring or do I have to bring it into the house?

Star Jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) isn't rated for your cold winters, so I'd suggest bringing it indoors. If possible, move it indoors gradually so it can adjust to the different situation. Keep it in a bright location. Water when the top inch of soil dries out. Ensure that the entire root system gets moistend. Feed once a month with a balanced fertilizer. Good luck!