The Q&A Archives: I Want To Purchase A Plant That Bears Small Fingernail Size Pods That Are Shaped Like A Pumpkin

Question: I want the name of and to purchase a plant that give pods that are smaller than a little fingernail that are shaped like pumpkins.

Answer: Unfortunately, based on your description I am not certain what type of plant you are looking for. However, pyracantha is a shrub that typically produces small decorative orange berries that we notice in the fall and winter. The bittersweet vine (Celastrus), also an outdoor plant, produces small orange berries that later split open to show bits of red and yellow and could remind one of a pumpkin. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful going on the information you've supplied.