The Q&A Archives: Books on Container Gardening and Greenhouses

Question: I want the names of some books about container gardening and greenhouse gardening. I am specifically interested in growing vegetables and fruits in containers and in a greenhouse. I would also like to find some books on building greenhouses, especially including greenhouse blueprints or plans.

Answer: Burpee offers a good book on Container Gardening (call our order line 1-800-888-1447 to order direct). For larger books on container gardening, take a look at Reader's Digest The Complete Container Garden , Malcolm Hillier's Container Gardening Through the Seasons , and Linda Yang's The City and Town Gardener . There are several good books on greenhouse growing. Ortho and HP (both good publishers) each have a book on greenhouse gardening. Check your local bookstore for these and the above container books.