The Q&A Archives: Ivy Parasite

Question: Inside ivy, have had for 8 years, never a problem, suddenly, a web with small parasites have invaded my beautiful plant, what do I do, its dying before my eyes.
Please help

Answer: Webbing is generally associated with spider mite pests. Spider mites seem to thrive when conditions are dry and dusty and are a real problem in outdoor plants during the latter part of the summer. Indoors, the conditions might be just dry enough to promote a population surge. To control the infestation, give your plant a shower with plain water, carefully rinsing all plant parts, especially the undersides of the leaves. Wait a few days and shower it again. Eventually you'll rinse the insects and their eggs down the drain. Then, throughout the winter months, periodically treat your plant to a shower to remove dust and discourage spider mite insects.