The Q&A Archives: What Is A Vine Ingliz, Plant Or Flower?

Question: I bought a "Vine Ingliz at a local grocery store, and I'm looking for some information about it, but can't find anything. It looks to be English Vine written in Spanish. Any information you can give me would be great. Thank you for anything you can give me. Jerrod Young

Answer: Without a description it is a bit difficult to make a guess, however it is possibly an English Ivy which is a vining plant with evergreen leaves, Hedera helix would be the Latin name. A web search using the latin name should yield some photos for identification. This is an easy to grow houseplant tolerant of most lighting situations and requiring an evenly moist (not sopping wet) soil and occasional fertilizing with a water soluble houseplant fertilizer for foliage plants according to the label instructions. This particular plant is often offered for sale in my grocery store.