The Q&A Archives: Where Can I Find This Flower?

Question: Looking desperatly for a flower.I think it is called :"vasey wake robin"Please help me find it.I need one for my Mother.I have been looking for years,to no avail.Thank you for your time.

Answer: Sweet Wakerobin or Vasey's Trillium (Trillium vaseyi) requires a moist rich organic soil in order to survive; in the wild it is often found along streams in shady, deciduous woods. Since it is a specialized wildflower, it is not often offered for sale. You may be able to order this plant from wildflower specialists such as Gardens of the Blue Ridge. ( Additional sources may be located by using a search engine such as and using the latin name for the search term. Please be sure that any plant you order are nursery grown and propagated and are not collected from the wild.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Char and is called "'Diamond Head' Sunrise"