The Q&A Archives: To Plant The Root Immediately Indoors Or Wait For Frost To Be Over

Question: upon receiving your packet that says to plant after the frost is over - do i
1) store the root in a cool place and plant outdoors after frost, or
2) plant indoors in a temporary bed and replant outdoors after the frost is over.

Answer: I'm sorry but without knowing what the plant is it is impossible to give you specific advice. However, to make a guess, since it was shipped now I would guess it is something like a tropical or other non-hardy plant such as a canna or caladium. These can be started early in pots and protected from cold tempertures or planted directly in the ground after all danger of frost. If you wait, keep them in a cool spot (45 degreees)but well above freezing. I'm sorry I can't really be more helpful.