The Q&A Archives: How To Get Rid Of Worms In Yard

Question: I have large hard clumps all over my yard and I know I have alot of earthworms, can you tell me how to get rid of them and make my yard nice again after they are gone! Thank you!

Answer: The presence of earthworms is a good sign--it means that your soil is rich and healthy. The worms help aerate the soil, making it a better environment for grass roots.

Earthworms dislike compacted and dry soil. (Then again, so does grass...) If you've been watering your grass and garden frequently, you might cut back. Water deeply once in a while, instead of frequent shallow watering.

Other than you know of anyone who likes to fish? Maybe you could find a local child who would love to come collect them after a rain...after all, most fisherman have to buy their nightcrawlers!