The Q&A Archives: Where Can I Buy Succulents In New York City

Question: I am interesting in purchasing a succulent called Burrow's Tail (Sedum Morganianum) and cannot located it at any of my local flower shops. Can you suggest where I could get one in New York City ?

Answer: Unfortunately, I do not have the yellow pages for your area, but florists often carry only the most popular houseplants. You might try asking at one of the local botanical gardens for a suggestion for a local supplier. Alternatively, you might contact the Cactus and Succulent Society of America and see if they can help you locate a convenient source. Their web site is

The Long Island Cactus and Succulent Society has a page at

and the contact information I found for the C&SS of New York follows, although I do not know how up-to-date it may be.
Founded 1962
# Members: 35
Meeting Info: St John The Martyr, 72nd St and Second Av, Manhattan, New York, NY, 3rd Tuesday, 6:30pm.
President: Richard H Stone, 212-744-2265,, 183 E 80th St, New York NY 10021
Affiliate Rep: Roger Zimmerman, 212-989-3664, 234 W 14th St, New York NY10011

I hope you find the plant.