The Q&A Archives: Are Calla Lillies Toxic To Children?

Question: We recently have moved into a new home. I have 2yr old and a 1yr old always playing in the back yard, the previous owner loved Calla Lillies, i need to know if the flower of a calla lilly is toxic or in any way harmful to my children?

Answer: According to the American Medical Association's book on poisonous plants, the leaves of Zantedeschia (Calla Lily) are considered toxic if eaten. There is no mention of the flower, but I'd certainly rather err on the side of caution and keep these plants away from your toddlers.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by mcash70 and is called "Moss on a log"