The Q&A Archives: Feeding Rare Plants

Question: i have 2 bonsia plants at home. One my mothers and 1 of mine. My moms bonsia is big and mine is small and i just would like to know how much i'm suppose to feed the bonsia plants. thank you for taking your time to read this.

Answer: The answer to your question will depend on what type of plant the bonsai is, what size container it is in and at what stage of training it has reached, as well as how the plant has been wintered over. Bonsai require specialized care and training, so you might want to consult with other bonsai growers while you are learning how to care for yours. The American Bonsai Society web site would be a good place to begin your research, they also offer publications that might be helpful to you.

Enjoy your bonsai trees!