The Q&A Archives: Seeds For Cotton Plants

Question: Five or six years ago I stumbled across a packet of cotton seeds at Walmart. They must have been shipped there erroneously because I have not been able to find them anywhere since.

I was living in Henderson, Ky. 42420 (Henderson County) and I planted those seeds out of curiosity. They rewarded me with five of the most beautiful plants I could have ever dreamed of; they ripened and I took some to the County Extension Agent who couldn't believe his eyes! Where can I possibly find more cotton seeds?

Answer: Considering so much cotton is grown in the US, it was odd that a plant source database search came up with so few possibilities:

Native Seeds/SEARCH. Their website is

Fragrant Path P.O. Box 328 Fort Calhoun, NE USA 68023 (no other contact info provided)

V & J Seed Farms, Inc.