The Q&A Archives: Purchasing Nursery-type Black Plastic Containers

Question: Where would I look (on the web or otherwise) to purchase the black plastic plant containers that I have so often seen at nurseries? I have searched all over the web and have only found wholesale sources where you need to buy hundreds of them. I only need about 25 of them in varying sizes from 2-5 gallon. Is this a question you can help me with? Thanks a bunch!

Answer: In my experience you usually do need to order these in large quantities. You might be able to ask a local landscape installation crew to save you some pots in the sizes you need, or ask a local nursery that does their own potting to sell you a few if you need brand new ones. Alternatively, you might be able to use inexpensive plastic buckets from the discount store instead of "official" pots. I'm sorry I don't know of a retail source.