The Q&A Archives: What Color Of Paint Should I Buy

Question: I guess this might have only been for insects but I have a paint question. What color of Tru-Value paint best meets the needs of a lighter color than buff and if this color dries darker than shown - I am trying to paint a light cream on kitchen walls but I want just a hint of yellow in that cream color. Can you advise me. thanks. tb

Answer: Somehow this came to the gardening questions, but in my experience, the only way to tell what a color will look like for sure is to paint a patch of the wall with it, let it dry, and then look at it at different times of the day and under different lighting conditions. You can start with a color that is a little paler than you want and then tint it yourself, too. Another possibility is to find a room painted the color you like and find out what they used. Otherwise, compare the paint chips carefully and give it your best shot. Good luck!