The Q&A Archives: When Will My Tree Bloom?

Question: I live in a new home (new construction). The builder planted two trees in our front yard, I believe they are pear trees. When will they bloom? Others in the neighborhood are already blooming.

Answer: If other similar trees in your area are already blooming, there is a possibility that your trees will bloom shortly. They may be a different variety of pear or they may be delayed due to transplant stress or they may be on a slightly different shcedule if they were brought in from a cooler area. It is also possible that they will not bloom this year due to transplant stress, or if they were brought in from a nursery located further south, they may have already bloomed this spring. By next year they should be more established and bloom nicely for you.