The Q&A Archives: Could You Help Me. I Am Looking For The Tall Ornamental Grass That Grows To Be At Least 16 Inches

Question: If you could help me find the seed for this grass. It grows about 12 to 16 inches high and is kept cut straight across. It is used for centerpieces in a large bunch. I have bought wheat grass but it lays over once it grows so tall. Hope you can help me. Thank You.
I am wanting to design some wedding centerpieces for the round tables at the reception for my son's wedding coming up in September and I would have time to grow this I am sure.

Answer: Wheat grass would have been my suggestion, too. You might find that it is stiffer if grown in very bright light and not over fertilized. Is it possible that some of the arrangements were bundles of straw that had been painted or dyed green? This would give a similar effect without the risk of flopping over.