The Q&A Archives: How To Take Care Of Peace Lily Plant?

Question: My mother and I received peace lilies for easter and they had no directions on how to take care of plant. We both are flower lovers. And we are stumped on this plant. Does it stay indoors or can you plant it outside? Please help us so we dont destroy this beautiful plant. Thank You!!

Answer: A spathiphyllum or peace lily is a relatively easy care houseplant. It needs bright but indirect light yet will tolerate low light, prefers an evenly moist yet not sopping wet soil, and needs an occasional feeding from spring to fall with a general purpose water soluble houseplant fertilizer for foliage plants (per label instructions). After some time the plant may grow enough to need to be divided or repotted into a slightly larger pot. Enjoy your plant!