The Q&A Archives: Requirements To Grow Baby's Breath

Question: I received Baby's Breath seeds in the mail. It gives me seed planting instructions, but I don't know what it needs after they start to grow. Sun? Shade? Partial sun/shade? How often should I water? Thank you for your help.

Answer: After your seedlings are up and growing they'll need full sunshine with partial afternoon shade during the hottest summer months. They're easy to grow in average soil with a pH of about 7.0 and perform best with little water and very little fertilizer. Keep the plants slightly crowded for best bloom and cut the flowering stems off to encourage additional flowering. Hang the flower clusters upside down in a protected area and you can use them in dried or fresh flower arrangements.