The Q&A Archives: Planting Instructions According To My "zone"

Question: I was wondering if it is possible to give planting and growing instructions according to the zone of the country that I live in?

Answer: In your mild winter climate you can plant year around. There are specifics on vegetable planting on the following website (developed by the University of California):

As for shrubs and perennials, you'll find a ton of information in Sunset Western Garden Book, available at most libraries, garden centers and book stores.

The only difficulty you may encounter with plants are those that require a pronounced winter chill in order to bloom. Tulips, lilacs and apple trees are a few of the plants that fall into this category.

Hope these suggested references provide the specifics you desire about gardening in your region!