The Q&A Archives: Care/Propagation Of Xanadu Philodendron

Question: Having difficult time finding xanadu philodendrons so I want to separate/cultivate more plants from the ones I have. Please advise best method for doing so and advise best soil mix/water and fertilization schedule to get optimum health and longivity. They will be in a partial/full sun area close to wall of house.

Answer: Follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing
season to establish a deep, extensive root system. Watering
can be reduced after establishment. They like a moderately rich, well-drained soil. Feed with a general purpose fertilizer before new growth begins in spring. They prefer full to partial sun, so your location sounds perfect. They are best propagated from stem cuttings, like a typical houseplant. Make sure there is a node, or growing point, with each cutting. Keep cuttings in indirect sunlight until they develop root systems.