The Q&A Archives: Starting A New Hoya

Question: I have a hoya plant and I would like to know how to start a new plant? Can I break a piece off and root it? The leaves on this one have also started wilting. Is it getting to much water? Hope you can help. Lynne

Answer: Hoya, or Wax Plant, is an easy to propagate plant. Take stem cuttings (using mature shoots) and root them in moist soil. The plants prefer average household temperatures but must be kept cool (50-55F) in winter. Provide bright light with some direct sunshine and water liberally druing the growing season, but sparingly in winter. Mist the leaves regularly, except when the plant is in bloom. If the leaves are wilting, the plant isn't getting quite the right growing conditions. Based upon the above information, change the location or frequency of watering and your plant should rebound. Good luck with your hoya!

Today's site banner is by clintbrown and is called "Dicentra"