The Q&A Archives: Yellowing And Torn Leaves On A Dwarf Meyers Lemon Tree

Question: My dwarf lemon tree has many blooms but does not produce any fruit. The leaves are yellowing and they seem to have been torn or ripped. What can I do???

Answer: Citrus trees are very sensitive to cold temperatures. If your plant is outdoors, it could be the weather that's causing the buds to drop. If it's indoors, it might be too warm, under-watered, or under-fertilized. (This might be the case since the leaves are distorted and yellow). Citrus takes several years before it's able to bear fruit. You might want to wait a little longer before giving up on your tree. If, after adjusting the fertilizer, giving your plant lots of sunshine and lots of water, it still doesn't flower, then I'd give up on it and replace it with a new lemon tree.