The Q&A Archives: Where Can I Find Seeds Or The Plant Lobelia Cardinalis

Question: A couple of years ago I purchased a perennial called Red Fan Lobelia. I would like to purchase additional plants but after visiting several nurseries, I have not been able to locate any. I tried a web search and the closest that I have come to finding anything about the plant has been an article in a search result for a perennial named: Lobelia cardinalis. I am assuming that this is the same plant. Can you tell me where I can purchase either seeds or the plant itself?
Thanks in advance for any information that you may be able to provide.

Answer: Burpee offers Lobelia "Ruby Slippers" this year which is a red flowered hybrid of Lobelia cardinalis and very pretty. You might wish to contact Burpee directly to verify availability and/or order at 1-800-888-1447. Native plant suppliers may also offer the species, Lobelia cardinalis.