The Q&A Archives: Building a Cold Frame

Question: I would like information on construction of cold frames.

Answer: You are in luck! Pennsylvania has a wonderful Cooperative Extension Program. Penn State has a Master Gardener Program that many states have modeled their programs after. Cooperative Extension/Penn State have a wealth of information available free to the public that you need only ask for. Cold frame construction instructions are a very popular request--rather than try to go into details here, I suggest you give your County Extension Agent (ph# 412/228-6881) a'll be hammering away in no time flat. <br>Or you can consult any of several good gardening books at your local library or bookstore.<br><br>Also, the Nov. 1987 issue of National Gardening Magazine has plans for building a cold frame; you can order back issues by sending $3.50 for each copy (includes shipping) to National Gardening, 180 Flynn Ave., Burlington, VT 05401.