The Q&A Archives: What -are- My Housplants?

Question: Thanks to several gifts I've recieved of plants that come 4 to 5 in one pot.. I am now the owner of about 16 plants, all thriving, which I am transplanting.
I've become interested in finding out more about these plants, but have no idea what they are.
Is there a place on your site that can help me, or somewhere else where you can refer me?
Thank you..
Susan McGinnis

Answer: There's an excellent book entitled "The House Plant Expert" by Dr. D. G. Hessayon that will be of help to you. Along with color photos, there are cultural requirements, propagation techniques, and problem diagnosis. It's an excellent investment for anyone interested in growing healthy houseplants. Published by Exper Books, ISBN# 0-903505-35-5. Continued good luck with your houseplants!