The Q&A Archives: Types Of Corn

Question: My mother is 80 years of age. She was wondering if you still had Country Gentleman corn in your types of corn? We have relatives in DeKalb and Sycamore Illinois, and that is where she first ate the country gentleman corn. My son now has his own home and enjoys his vegetable garden and my mother keeps asking if we ever see country gentleman corn advertised anywhere? I hope you can shed some light on this, as you would make an older lady very happy. If you still carry country gentleman, would you be so kind as to tell me how close it would be to our part of the country? I appreciate the time you take to answer me.

Answer: Country Gentleman Heirloom Corn (Shoe-peg) is listed in the 2001 Burpee offerings as an heirloom vegetable. To verify availability and/or to order or request an heirloom vegetable catalog, please contact Burpee directly. Their toll free number is 800-888-1447.