The Q&A Archives: No Natural Light

Question: I am looking for some types of plants that I can have in my office. I have no natural light in my office - just floresent lights in the ceiling. Any suggestions.

Answer: There are many plants you can try in an office situation. With a little trial and error you should find some that do very well for you. Since they will be in lower light, they may grow very slowly, but the following plants are generally easy to care for and will tolerate low light levels: Chinese evergreen (Aglaonema spp.), cast-iron plant (Aspidistra elatior), dumbcane (Dieffenbachia spp.), pothos (Epipremnum aureum), English ivy (Hedera helix), split-leaf philodendron (Monstera deliciosa), peperomia (Peperomia spp.), philodendron (Philodendron spp.), aluminum plant (Pilea cadierei), artillery plant (Pilea microphylla), snake plant (Sansevieria trifasciata), peace lily (Spathiphyllum spp.), arrowhead vine (Syngonium podophyllum), and wandering jew (Zebrina pendula). Enjoy your plants!

English ivy, philodendron, pothos, peace lily, and