The Q&A Archives: Sunburned Agapanthus

Question: Good morning,
I have a perennial flower bed in full sun. I am on the verge of pulling out the agapanthus because I don't like the sunburned leaves in the summer (it gets well over 100 here)and the always dying outer leaves throughout the rest of the year. I see these plants set out by the city all over town. That speaks to how hardy they are! It's the unkept look that bothers me. My question is: will morning sun be enough for them to bloom if I transplant a few?
Thank you,

Answer: Agapanthus prefers afternoon shade in hot summer areas so transplanting yours will be just the thing they need to perk up and grow into beautiful plants. You can expect them to bloom right on schedule and retain their lovely leaves once you provide them with a little protection from the hot summer sun. Enjoy your plants!