The Q&A Archives: Skyrocket Juniper Vs. Medora Juniper Vs. Italian Cyprus

Question: I have a west facing townhouse with a narrow (about 2 feet) stretch of land between my driveway and the next townhouse's driveway. I would like to plant something narrow and tall in this space to create some vertical interest. The medora juniper that you show on your web page seemed like a good choice (particularly since it was slow growing) but when I called to order one, the landscaper did not think it would be a good choice because he could only get them in 10 gallon containers and thought that that would be too much (I don't want a topiary one). He recommended an Italian cyprus but that is very fast growing. Another landscaper recommended a skyrocket juniper but that is fast growing as well and I would really like something that would stay small, tall and thin. What would you suggest? Thank you, Donna Shahbaz

Answer: ideas to consider. Good luck with your new landscaping! ideas to consider. Good luck with your new landscaping!