The Q&A Archives: Sensitive Plant

Question: I was wondering if you could help me with finding a certain type of plant. I was given a plant, when I was a child, many years ago, I was told it was called a sensitive plant. Whenever you would speak to it up close it would wilt, and with in 20 minutes it would be standing upright again. I thought it was the cutest. I am wanting to get one for my kids but can not find one. I'm figuring that was not the name for it. Do you know of any such type of plant?

Answer: A search on sensitive plant came up with Mimosa pudica. A plant source database search came up with a few plant sources and seed sources. You will need to check their websites to see if it is the plant you remember and for current availability. Good luck! (seed) (seed) (seed)