The Q&A Archives: Where Do I Purchase A Particular Shrub That Monrovia Cultures?

Question: Where do I buy specimens of Mr. Goldstrike (Aucuba japonica)
that I learned about at this web site? My garden center retails Monrovia grown plants, but can not tell me if they can make this species and cultivar available to me!

Thanks in advance for responding to my question.

Gary Michael

Answer: Unfortunately, I do not have access to information about which nurseries may have ordered which kinds of plants. Since Monrovia sells wholesale to many nurseries, perhaps another nursery in your area will be stocking that particular plant this season. You might try using the zip code search

to identify additional nurseries in your area that carry Monrovia products -- perhaps one of them will have it or would be willing to try to order it for you or would have a substitute they could recommend.

I'm sorry I can't give you a specific source.