The Q&A Archives: Fruit Tree Grafting

Question: I am trying to find out how to or find out who can do fruit tree grafting in my yard here in Los Angeles. Not being a large orchard, I am finding it hard to locate someone to do it! Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Answer: I have a couple of leads for you - if you contact your local Cooperative Extension office (323-838-8330) and ask for the Master Gardener on duty, you'll find a University trained gardener with a lot of contacts in the field. If the Master Gardener doesn't have grafting experience, he or she can provide names of some local experts. Another route is to contact the California Rare Fruit Growers ( It's a group of dedicated tree fruit growers and I'll bet there are probably several people within the organization willing to help you out. Best wishes with your grafting!

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Char and is called "'Diamond Head' Sunrise"