The Q&A Archives: Where To Find A Plant Finder

Question: I have a few plants that I have no idea what they are...could you recommend some sites where I can search the plant type by attributes and not the name?

Answer: Unfortunately, I do not know off hand of a site that would help you do that. Your best bet might be to look through some good illustrated gardening (or houseplant) books at the library or to ask an experienced gardener to look at the plants and help you. Maybe you could also take photos or samples to a nursery and either compare with plants on display or ask a knowledgeable sales person for assistance in identifying what you have. Last but not least, you could try a botany key but these can be very difficult to use unless you are trained in botany. Your local library should have one if you want to try it. Good luck with your ID adventure!