The Q&A Archives: Purchase A Big Vine

Question: I just had an arbor built around my deck and I want to buy a trumpet vine or a purple japenese wisteria that has substantial growth on it .All the garden centers have the same size which is fine but I am very impatient. Could I special order something like that directly from you? I would want it with vines atleast 5 feet long. Thanks. Jenn

Answer: Unfortunately, Monrovia is a wholesale only nursery and does not sell retail or by catalog. Both of these vines are very fast growing and are capable of reaching well over five feet in one season with a full sun loation, reasonable soil and careful watering. If you plant the vine now, it should have ample time to become very well rooted and consequently gully primed for optimum growth next summer. Alternatively you might ask the nurseries if they have access to any larger plants they could order for you. Enjoy your new arbor!