The Q&A Archives: How Do I Save My Lavender Lady Passion Flower Seed Pods /

Question: My name is Tessa and I have several Lavender Lady Vines around the yard. They have developed large green
seed pods about 2 plus inches long andabout11/2 inch round, there now turning yellow. I'd like to save the seeds if
if possible to add to our yard. I'm a new gardener and could use some help.

I'm also having problems with slugs & snails everywhere and I do have children & pets. Could you recommend
some pest control options?
Thank you very much,

Answer: Passiflora 'Lavender Lady' is a prolific bloomer, and while you can start plants from their seeds, it's difficult. Collect the seed pods when they have turned a tannish brown, remove the seeds from the pods and soak for 12 hours in warm water. Then plant in moistened potting soil, just covering seeds. Keep the seed trays at at constant 80F. They can germinate in 30-365 days.

Slugs and snails can be deterred with diatomaceous earth sprinkled around susceptible plants, or they can be trapped in homemade traps. Use an old margarine or cottage cheese tub, cut a few trapdoor openings around the top edges of the container, put a few inches of beer in the container, snap on the lid and bury the container part-way in the soil. Snails and slugs will crawl in, but they won't crawl out.