The Q&A Archives: Product to Remove Tree Roots

Question: What can I put on the cut down stump of a Sycamore to get it to disingregate over the next few years without it affecting neighbouring plants. Stump is level with ground, cut off flat.

Answer: There are several chemical preparations available to accomplish your task. One is "Hi-Yield" Stump Remover. It decomposes the wood leaving it porous and easy to remove. Available in a 1 1/2 lb. can, it is harmless to surrounding vegetation. It is available from Jung, their US phone number is 1-800-247-5864. Another product is "Stump Out". It works in much the same way and is available in a 2 1/2 lb. can. You can purchase it from Stark Bros. at US phone number 1-800-325-4180.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Sempervivum Henry Carrevon"