The Q&A Archives: Where To Purchase Seeds Or Starting Of A Monkeypod Tree

Question: Do you or do you know where seeds or a starting of a Monkeypod Tree can be purchased?

Answer: Samanea saman or Monkeypod tree is a fairly fast growing and large tropical tree, so I am not sure how much success you would have with it in a nontropical climate, even if you grew it indoors. A greenhouse might be preferable to trying to grow it in the house.

Here are two possible sources, unfortunately I have no personal experience with either company.

Northern Oasis Tropical Seeds and Plants is in Canada but shipment can be arranged.

and through Backyard Greenhouses

-- which also featured an article on growing them from seed. Seed Feature ? The Monkey Pod Rain Tree (Samanea saman)

Please note you may have to cut and paste the url into your browser to make it work correctly. Good luck with your monkeypod tree!